Commercial Casualty Assistant Underwriter
We are a growing company in an interesting and challenging segment of the insurance industry and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
If you have experience working in Property and Casualty insurance, or think you would like to work for a company who is passionate about excellence and customer service, we invite you to send us your resume.
This is a summary and is intended to help a candidate understand the general concepts and responsibilities required for this position. Tasks and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed as our business changes.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Service all aspects on existing business
- This includes but is not limited to reviewing inspections, mid-term endorsements, cancellations, audits, agent and company correspondence, and working renewals.
- Handle cancellations/non-renewals according to state regulations and company guidelines
- Organize, review and service policy correspondence on active and expired policies
- Be responsible for working the renewal book of business including re-markets
- Provide assistance and/or direction with service requests from brokers or carriers as needed
- Assist underwriter to get new business quotes released.
- Set up all new business worksheets for the policy to be issued.
- Process new business binders
- Effectively cover for departmental assistants when out of the office including processing binders and other time sensitive requests
- Reviewing audits and taking appropriate action
- All of the above to meet or exceed guidelines and standards as established
- Other related duties as assigned
Competencies & Qualifications:
- Build strong relationships with markets and retail producers
- Create strong working relationship with underwriter and assistant underwriter.
- Align with our customer service expectations
- Possess a knowledge/keep a list of markets utilized by Tuscano
- Effectively apply guidelines from Company Underwriting Manuals
- Understand classification of risks and what factors are used to determine rates
- Understand and explain insurance principles (e.g. Minimum Earned Premium, Minimum & Deposit Premium, C.O.P.E., Insurance-to-Value, Surplus Lines Regulations)
- Understand and explain forms and coverages
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in an effective manner
- Willingness to take ownership for service to our customers
- Excellent customer service skills that align with our customer service expectations
- Demonstrate decisiveness
- Organize workload and tasks
- Collaborate with team members and build positive working relationships
- Exhibit proficient computer skills
- Insurance coursework and/or experience preferred
- Hold a current Property & Casualty Producer License and Surplus Lines License in home state or must attain in six months