Commercial Property Underwriting Support – Position Description
We are a growing company in an interesting and challenging segment of the insurance industry and we are always looking for talented individuals to join our team.
If you have experience working in Property and Casualty insurance, or think you would like to work for a company who is passionate about excellence and customer service, we invite you to send us your resume.
This is a summary and is intended to help a candidate understand the general concepts and responsibilities required for this position. Tasks and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed as our business changes.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Accept the responsibilities and deliver outstanding customer service in the execution of:
- Assist with New Business quotation annotations, as directed by Assistant Underwriter or Underwriter.
- Assist with set up of new business worksheets in preparation for policy issuance, as directed by Assistant Underwriter or Underwriter.
- Help to make follow-up calls on outstanding inspection recommendations or other outstanding items as needed
- Clerical duties such as prepare SOV spreadsheets, etc
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Assist with Renewal quotation annotations, rating and/or releasing renewal quotes as directed by Assistant Underwriter or Underwriter.
- Assist with set up of renewal worksheets in preparation for policy issuance, as directed by Assistant Underwriter or Underwriter.
- Assist with binder process.
- Update management system according to workflow procedures as respects the Renewal Business processes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Job Skills & Competencies:
- Build strong relationships with our markets and retail customers
- Create strong working relationship with underwriter and assistant underwriter.
- Align with our customer service expectations
- Excel in both oral and written communication skills
- Organize workload and tasks
- Maintain company service standards
- Use critical and analytical thinking to provide solutions for customers
- Work in a detail-oriented manner in order to be as thorough and accurate as possible
- Demonstrate decisiveness
- Complete your work load in an effective manner
- Willing to take ownership to service our customers and accounts
- Manage various clerical tasks at one time and maintain company service standards
- Ability to understand fairly complex insurance coverage questions
- Capability to maneuver through various company websites and systems
- Function in a team-oriented environment.
- Exhibit proficient computer skills
- Collaborate with manager and team members and build positive working relationships
- Function effectively under pressure
- Must be persistent and goal oriented
- Availability to work overtime, as required to maintain customer service standards.
- Valid Pennsylvania Insurance Producer License is required
For over 50 years the Tuscano Agency has provided insurance solutions exclusively to our customer, the retail agent and broker.
Tuscano is located in Greensburg PA, approximately 35 miles SE of Pittsburgh. We have been recognized as a Top Workplace in the Pittsburgh region each year since 2011. We are a growing company with 100+ employees, most of who work from our Greensburg office with teleworking options available.
As an insurance wholesaler, we work with independent insurance producers in 21 states and Washington DC. Our work is fast-paced with a focus on professional knowledge of the products we sell and a commitment to excellence in customer service. We are passionate about giving back to our community and believe in taking an active role in the broader insurance community.
At the Tuscano Agency, we face challenges and every day we rise to face those challenges together. Every day we learn something new. Every day we will have fun together and care for each other.